Saturday, May 2, 2020

My Quarantine Lists...

The calendar says May today and all the days have blended together a bit...With that in mind (and full calendar month under quarantine now), I decided to put together a list of everything I have done since the quarantine started with some observations...

Hygiene (in order of occurrence)
  • Grew a goatee (almost all gray)
  • Let the kids color my hair (rainbow)
  • Let the kids buzz cut my head
  • Grew a mustache
  • Let Kristy cut my hair 
Exercise
  • Riding bikes in the street w/ kids (we do it almost daily)
  • Ran an all out mile on the open road (5:19 as a part of the Brea alumni virtual mile challenge, want to start doing 1x/month)
  • 60 pushups in 60 seconds challenge (1x successful, 25+x unsuccessful)
Reading/Listening
  • Finished a book that had been on my night stand for months (Bill Gates, Business at speed of thought). 
  • Just started a new one (Dan Brown - Origin)
  • Subscribed to the Washington Post (it came pre loaded on my new Amazon Fire Tablet. I still prefer the LA times)
  • Podcasts - I know I am super late to the game on this one, but just started listening to Podcasts (current play list is a mix of Outside Magazine, LMU Magazine, and a bunch of tech industry stuff)
  • Live streamed a couple concerts - A couple different events with the Lumineers (my favorite band)
Fun Family Stuff
  • Camped in the backyard with Natalie (pic below)
  • Fostered and adopted a dog  (Tokyo, probably the most surprising thing we did so far)
  • Learned one new skill on the Alexa - The announcement feature ("Alexa make an announcement"), great for announcing meal times. 
  • Downloaded 3 new apps for the kids (Tiktok, Facebook messenger, and Prodigy)



1 comment: